July 20, 2021. MPG activity monitors public equity market activity across a range of software and technology sectors. In our Q2 2021 Software & Technology Public Market Update Report, readers will find market and financial data that is relevant to a range of critical sectors.
Q2 2021 was one of the most active periods for public equity capital markets activity on record. Global IPO (“Initial Public Offering”) volume within technology reached 156 total transactions, raising +$77 billion in capital – continuing the record-setting pace set in Q1 2021. New SPAC (“Special Purpose Acquisition Company”) issuances slowed on the news of the SEC’s regulation requiring warrants to be classified as liabilities at the beginning of the quarter, however, 253 tech-focused SPACs were still seeking targets worldwide at the end of the quarter.
Relevant technology sectors we monitor:
- Corporate & Business Solutions: Accounting & Fintech, Communications & Collaboration, Compliance & Legal, Content Management, Global Diversified, Human Resources & Labor, Marketing & Advertising, and Verticalized Platforms
- Industrial Software: Commerce & Supply Chain Management, Engineering & Design, Industrial & Manufacturing, and Location & Telematics
- Healthcare & Life Sciences: Life Sciences Software, CROs & Life Sciences Services, Healthcare Software & Data, and Healthcare Services
- Payments, Data, & BI: Payments, Data Solutions & Infrastructure, Business Intelligence & Analytics
- Tech-Enabled & IT Services: IT Services