Sematell, a leading provider of multi-channel response management software for enterprise contact centers and customer service organizations, has been acquired by PINOVA Capital.
- Headquartered in Saarbrücken, Germany, Sematell is a leading provider of AI-based multi-channel response management software for enterprise contact centers and customer service organizations
- The Company’s software platform offers a centralized hub for agents to automate & process text-based customer service inquiries across email, SMS, chat, social media, and more
- Sematell’s core platform, ReplyOne, leverages a proprietary AI engine to create demonstrable customer ROI through improved first-fix rates and service agent productivity
- While Sematell is primarily focused on enterprise customers in the DACH region, the Company’s platform supports +70 languages, making it immediately serviceable to the global market
- Prior to the transaction, Sematell had been financed by IMCap, a technology-focused private equity firm based in Germany
About Sematell GmbH
Headquartered in Saarbrücken, Sematell is a specialized provider of intelligent contact center software. The highly scalable Sematell solution, ReplyOne for multi- and omni-channel response management, precisely analyzes inquiries received via all written communications channels in over 70 languages and always delivers the right individual response. The outstanding language and topic recognition was developed at the German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI) and ensures maximum productivity, customer satisfaction and efficiency.
About PINOVA Capital GmbH
PINOVA Capital is an independent private equity firm investing in high-growth technology companies in German-speaking regions. PINOVA Capital focuses on “Mittelstand” companies with sales between €10 million and €75 million in the sectors industrial technology and information technology, characterized by significant growth potential, sustainable competitive advantages and a strong market position in their niche.
About IMCap GmbH
IMCap GmbH, based in Düsseldorf, is a specialized investment company that invests in small and medium-sized software and technology companies with strong management teams, clear technology differentiation and sustainable growth prospects. The IMCap team has many years of operational management experience in technology companies and proven technology expertise – the foundation for being able to spot ‘Hidden Technology Champions’ and assessing risks and opportunities in this segment. IMCap sees itself as an active partner who supports its portfolio companies both financially and with operational know-how to scale their business models. This systematically transforms ‘hidden champions’ into leading, established technology companies.
SectorsCorporate & Business Solutions
MPG Transaction LeaderJonathan Adler